There are many brands of argan oil on the market. It is not a beauty product “only” but also offers several benefits that improve your personal care of hair and skin. In order to take advantage of these benefits, it is wise to choose a high quality product. How do you know which brand is best and of high quality? Learn about some of the most important criteria for choosing a good product.
1) Avoid products that are tampered with chemicals such as parabens, sulfates, fragrances or alcohol. The risks and harmful effects of chemicals in cosmetics has been abundantly researched for many years and there is no doubt that they are simply not good for your health and can in fact lead to quite severe health concerns. So, only select a brand without any chemicals.
2) Additionally, pay attention to the product being 100% pure and not a mix of various – likely less valuable, oils and other non-essential additives. Not only do you waste your money on an inferior product, but you also don’t get to reap all the benefits that pure argan oil has to offer – it would be a shame if you missed out on that.
3) Machine-pressed oil is a better choice. The method of extraction by hand – as has been tradition for many years, may support local farmers by giving them a job. However, the process of hand-pressing involves mixing the argan paste after extraction with water to separate the oil. Micro-organisms flourish in moist environments and could develop more easily while the argan oil is processed. This would not only reduce the shelf-life of the oil but also its value. Mechanical oil extraction in modern facilities offer better hygienic conditions and allow for a higher quality end product.
4) Don’t get fooled by a nice, flowery smell. Argan oil has a nutty smell that reminds of olive oil. It does not smell like potpourri. If it does, fragrances were added to the product. There are hundreds of synthetic fragrances in the cosmetics industry. Many of them were found to be carcinogenic.
5) Lastly, select a product that is cold-pressed. Any heat-treatment destroys the natural elements in argan oil that are so beneficial for moisturizing and nourishing your hair and skin. If a product labels indicates the contents to include fragrances, you can assume it’s heat-treated. One very common process to add fragrances to cosmetics is by method of vaporizing at high temperatures.
Hopefully, these tips are helpful. Don’t just look at the price. A low-priced product is likely of inferior quality. High quality argan oil has its price. Since the argan tree only grows in the country of Morocco – hence the alternative name “Moroccan Argan Oil”, there is only so much that can be produced every year which naturally affects the price.
If you want to be sure you are purchasing a high quality, pure product, check out Kandala Argan Oil. It is certified 100% natural and pure without any type of additives or chemicals. This product is cold-pressed virgin oil and has all the excellent benefits that argan oil has to offer for hair and skin care.