With the advancement in medical sciences, a number of acne scar remedies have been developed, but these involve the use of synthetic products. Some of them contain harmful chemicals and toxins that can harm the skin to a considerable extent. Under such circumstances, it is best to look out for natural solutions for acne treatment.
Some of the home remedies that can help in the treatment of acne scars are given below:
(1) One of the most effective natural homemade remedies is obtained when you mix cucumber and tomato juice and apply it on your face. Tomatoes are said to possess antioxidant properties and it helps to prevent the skin from getting damaged right up to the cellular levels. Moreover, they improve the skin smoothness and strengthen the immunity system. Both the vegetables are good at tightening the pres of the skin. All you need to do is to wash your face and ensure that there are not even the slightest traces of ointment or makeup on your face. Once done, you must apply the mixture on your face for about 20-30 minutes and rinse off your face.
(2) Another effective remedy is the paste obtained by mixing black gram and sandalwood. The base of the paste can be rose water or milk. Just apply the paste on the affected area for the entire night and leave it overnight. Sandalwood has got cooling properties which reduces the skin irritation and inflammation.
(3) The Neem paste of India and the tea tree oil from Australia too help in the treatment of acne scars. Both of them have anti-infectant and antibacterial properties which prevent further bacterial attacks or infections.
(4) The use of egg whites has been used for treating acne and pimples. They must be used as a facemask and must be left overnight.
(5) The wheat germ is also used for the treatment of acnes. They contain all the necessary nutrients and supplements that help nourish the skin. For this, regular intake is prescribed.
(6) You can make use of lemon juice to reduce the visibility of the acne scars. You must apply the lemon juice over your face with cotton and leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing it off. Lemon helps to make your skin photosensitive, but you must use sunscreens while using this natural remedy.
(7) You can also do away with acnes by exfoliating your skin with baking soda. The baking soda also is also used in micro Dermabrasion treatments. You must mix a tablespoon of baking soda along with water and apply it over your face. Keep it for 60 seconds and then wash it off.
(8) Once the skin is exfoliated with baking soda, you must apply a little amount of olive oil over your face. The moisturizers present in the olive oil help the skin to regain its elasticity, smoothness and suppleness.
(9) Eating fruits provides your skin Vitamin C. you can apply some of the fruits like papaya and pineapple over your face and watch your skin become smooth and gentle.